Sunday, February 27, 2011

Orange crepes for Maslenitsa

DSCN2134 copy

Though Maslenitsa (pancake week) officially starts on February 28 we had our first pancakes yesterday as we just couldn't wait any more. Maslenitsa is a genius holiday for me. It comes from before Christianity times when people were praying to the Sun. Another name for the holiday is pancake week and that's exactly what it stands for. It's a whole week of making and eating pancakes. And each of them is a little sun in your plate.
Read more...

8 comments:

  1. Very tasty bliny!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Olga!! Do you celebrate Maslenitsa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic looking crepes. We haven't had crepes in a long time, so it might be time for us to reintroduce ourselves to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to eat this so bad. But am no cook, Maria! Would not even try pretending... any thoughts where I might get this exact same one in London?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should Food Frenzy! It's now pancake week - the best time for pancakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Prash, I've never been to London... but I'd definitely search in French style creperies. I'm sure you'll find something really tasty! Let me know how it goes!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love maslinitsa, I can't wait to fill up on blini!
    Great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Anna! Have a great Maslenitsa!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete